Today was my weekly Wednesday meeting with Traci, and here is the scoop.
Week Three Goal Update
- Get the volume of vegetables up. (I’ll never probably meet or exceed this, but I’m trying!)
- One day, not training day or day after, do the following on elliptical: five minutes at level one, 10 minutes at level two, 10 minutes at level 3, five minutes at level four. All minutes should be at 120+ spm. (Actually did this twice, except I did 10 minutes at level four!)
- Keep advocating. (Did this, mostly through this blog.)
- Cook something to bring to share, preferably taco soup. (Done; dropped the soup off this afternoon.)
Goals for Week Four
- Try sweet potato burgers on romaine.
- Add quinoa and one green drink to menu.
- Two days, do 30 minutes on the elliptical with 12 to 15 minutes at level four, 120 spms or above.
- Get my mind right; prioritize things – learn to pick and choose instead of doing it all.
The “get my mind right” is referring to a period of stress I had yesterday and today – I was trying to do too much and ended up not doing any of it very well.
I missed this a.m.’s exercise as I slept late, and I considered using today as my “rest day.” But when I got home, I felt compelled to get 30 minutes in. Nearly twelve hours later than usual, I made it to the gym and did 30 minutes on the elliptical.
I’m not sure how tomorrow’s training will go. Danny really stepped it up on Tuesday, and while I don’t hurt anywhere (knee, hip, heel) my quads are sore BIG TIME. Maybe we’ll concentrate on my core and/or upper body tomorrow. I sure hope so!