I’ve had a rough go of it lately, and I as hopefully leave those days behind, these are the takeaways:
- Cardio workouts are noticeably more difficult with extra lbs.
- Except for a very few meals and snacks, the food that caused me to gain this weight was NOT worth it. I remember the fab sandwich and cheesecake at the Carnegie Deli, the sure enough NY pizza and Magnolia cupcake. Not so much Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, extra cup or two of cherries or deli sandwich at the work meeting.
- You can make time if you want to do it bad enough. That includes workouts, green smoothies and preparing meals a week in advance.
- Energy begets more energy. On the mornings I do cardio and/or train, I am more active the rest of the day. Not because I’m trying to be, but because I have more energy and feel better.
- Exercise is a fabulous “drug.” After a workout, especially a morning workout, I face the day with a wider smile, a better attitude and loads of energy.
- No matter how difficult it is to get up or how bad I slept the night before, a morning workout is always worth the extra effort.