Finally, a relatively quiet Sunday – plenty of time to get some things done!
I start out by saying that I missed having Sunday as my one skip day at the gym! Thursday, I had a fasting blood test in the morning and a meeting at night, so I made that my skip day. I love having Sunday as a skip day as it allows me an entire day at the house. But, it got me out to run an errand or two before my exercise.
So, here’s just a sampling of what I did today:
- Made a double batch of Broccoli Quinoa Pilaf (added beans, too): one batch for the week, the other for the freezer.
- Cut and prepared a fresh pineapple.
- Made homemade whole grain pizza dough: froze half, made mini pizzas from the other half. Six pizza lunches in the freezer.
- Froze four meal size and six snack size taco soups for “emergencies,” such as don’t wanna cook, too late to cook or no time to pack lunch mornings.
- Cooked a brown rice crust quiche for dinner and the rest of the week.
- Peeled, cubed and roasted sweet potatoes to add to the frozen veggie mixes I bought. (When eaten with sweet potatoes, nearly any vegetable is more palatable.)
- Prepared the steamed veggies
- Put all of the flattened cardboard boxes stacked in the kitchen in my car for drop-off recycling center.
- Packed paper grocery bags in the car for Tuesday co-op pick up.
- Washed two loads of dishes so I can start the week with an empty sink and dishwasher! (Vital to my sanity!)
And these weren’t in the kitchen, but things that needed to be done:
- Washed a couple loads of clothes
- Cleaned a few things off of the porch. Our screened back porch is a little cluttered, and I want to clear it to use as a little getaway for my morning coffee.
- Weeded the rose garden and jotted a list for our fab yard man to tackle.
- Cleaned out the litter box (ugh!)
- Worked out.
- Changed my bed clothes.
- Fueled and washed the car.
I haven’t had this productive a Sunday in months, and it feels awesome! Ready for the week and upcoming long weekend!