I’m not sure what Trainer George had me do differently during Thursday’s session, but I woke up SORE this morning! Like not this sore since the first few sessions 10 weeks ago. But it is a good sore!
A few weeks ago, I clipped a great article from Fitness Magazine, and this is a good time to share. The article is called Power Surge by Alyssa Shaffer. Click the article for details; I’ll just share the highlights in bullets:
- As little as 30 minutes of cardio three to five days a week will add six years to your life, according to research at the Cooper Clinic in Dallas.
- As you work out, your lungs are getting stronger, your motivation is at its peak and you’re fighting flab.
- Within one hour of exercise, you’re protecting yourself against illness, you’re feeling zen and you’re blasting calories, even at rest.
- Within one day of exercise, you’re adding lean muscle, your heart is healthier and you’re super-alert.
- Within one week of regular exercise, your risk of diabetes goes down, you’re fitter and you’re slimmer.
- Within one month of regular exercise, you’re getting stronger, you’re blasting belly fat and you’ve got more brainpower.
- Within one year of regular exercise, working out is easier, your heart rate is lower, you’re a fat-melting machine, you’ve cut your cancer risk, you’re adding years to your life and you feel fantastic.