There was a fresh pineapple in the co-op bag on Tuesday, so I’m having to learn more about it. I love pineapple – it’s one of my favorite fruits – but I always buy it already cored and cut at the grocery store.
Here are a few good tips:
- Fresh pineapple is more nutritious than canned.
- You don’t need a special tool to cut a pineapple; you can use a knife!
- The corer, however, sounds pretty easy.
- Compost most of the waste, but plant the top!
- Here’s why pineapple can make your mouth raw and how you can prevent that from happening.
My favorite way to eat fresh pineapple is all by itself. How about you?