The event, which will be held on Saturday, November 9 at Joe Riley Park, raises funds for Louie’s Kids, the only not-for-profit organization in the United States helping identify treatment programs for overweight and obese children.
This amazing ‘Field of Dreams’ day at the ballpark wouldn’t be possible without the participation and support of the following celebrities who have committed to fighting childhood obesity one run at a time:
- Bill Murray, Comedian/Actor
- Mark Bryan, Hootie & the Blowfish
- Dean Felber, Hootie & the Blowfish
- Eric Bass, Shinedown
- Zach Myers, Shinedown
- Gary Valentine, Comedian/Actor, Chelsea Lately, King of Queens
- Terry Serpico, Actor, Army Wives
- Bubba Bryant, Actor, Army Wives
- Paula Trickey, Actress, Crimes of the Mind, The OC, Pacific Blue
- Sylvia Jefferies, Actress, Nashville, Eastbound and Down
- Elise Testone, Singer, American Idol
- Corey Miller, NFL, NY Giants, USC
- Langston Moore, NFL, Bengals, USC
- Gettys Glaze, Citadel Hall of Fame
- Michael Kohn, MLB, LA Angels
- Kevin Elster, MLB, NY Yankees, LA Dodgers
- Hannah Curlee – Winner, Biggest Loser
- Steve Azar, Singer/Songwriter
- Patrick Davis, Singer/Songwriter
Other celebrities include personalities from Charleston television and radio stations.
“We’re so grateful for the support of these celebrities,” said Louis Yuhasz, founder of Louie’s Kids. “The entire Louie’s Kids organization appreciates their willingness to take time out of their busy schedules to help raise awareness of childhood obesity. This one softball game will help children all over the south combat obesity and improve their future, families and communities.”
For more information on Louie’s Kids or Slim Down the South, visit LouiesKids.org or SlimDowntheSouth.com.
About Louie’s Kids
Founded in 2001 in Alexandria, Va., and operated today out of Charleston, SC, Louie’s Kids is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that raises funds to empower children to make changes, both physically and mentally, for a healthier and more productive life. The mission of Louie’s Kids is to strengthen the future of the communities they serve by making children healthier and improved citizens, while also providing excellent stewardship to those funders who invest their time and treasure in the children served. For information and updates follow Louie’s Kids on Facebook and Twitter.