Today I met with Traci for my next to the last nutrition meeting for my third twelve weeks.
It was a good week, actually, especially the second half of the week. I met the goals we set – maintain water intake, vary snacks, safely increase level on elliptical – and did especially well cooking and mixing/matching food combinations.
Here are the goals for my final week of the third twelve weeks:
- Add beans to my fave quinoa pilaf. Danny is increasing the intensity of my training, and I need to be sure to get plenty of protein.
- At least twice, do the elliptical for five minutes at level 4, >120 spm. If there are no hip or heel issues afterward, we’ll start increasing the time the following week and beyond.
- Make pizzas and get them in the freezer. Always a good way for me to get added veggies.
- Keep my veggies up, and to help do that, Traci challenged me to make a new veggie medley. Now, my fave is corn, carrots, sweet potatoes, peas and asparagus. I need to come up with a new one that incorporates at least one new veggie.
The banner day?
- This morning, I weighed 163.8, which marks 65 lbs. lost since September.
- Danny increase the intensity of my training session, adding sled dragging (95 lbs) and bench presses (started at 45 lbs.) If you had told me eight months ago that I would be doing that, I would’ve laughed.
Tomorrow, I get blood work done for my physical. It’s been a year since I had it done, and I’m especially excited to see how things may have changed since I started my healthy eating and exercise program at Doctors Wellness Center.