I can’t quite call it my own, as this recipe includes bits and pieces from a bunch of recipes, but it is GOOD!
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked (I use Minute Ready to Serve because it’s fully cooked)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 c mozzarella cheese, 2%
Sneaky Chef Make Ahead White Puree Ingredients:
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 small to medium zucchini, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons water, if necessary
- 5 eggs + yolk from crust, beaten
- 1/2 cup light soy milk (or skim milk)
- 1/2 cup 2% mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3/4 c The Sneaky Chef make ahead white puree
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together cooked rice, egg and cheese.
- Spread evenly to cover 9-in baking pan/dish. Press down evenly.
- Bake rice crust at 350 F for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Mix together: eggs, milk, cheese, white puree, salt, pepper
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven, and let sit ten minutes before slicing, if serving fresh; or wrap pie pan, label and freeze.
- Quiche can be served cold after thawing for a yummy hot weather treat; or heat the thawed quiche at 350 F for 20 minutes.