A quick check of my kitchen shows I have the following:
- Carrots, lettuce,watermelon, tomatoes and nectarines (close enough to peaches!)
Other seasonal fruit and veggies including cabbage, cherries, grapes and the “not-so-seasonal in SC” pineapple
- Chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans and other beans, too
- Quinoa and popcorn (just air-popped some, in fact)
But the post reminds me that:
- I need to find a good organic rotisserie chicken. It’s a great time saver for weeknight cooking.
- I can’t buy dark chocolate almonds. I can’t eat them in moderation!
- I need to find a good hummus recipe.
- We need some almond butter for a recipe Sister wants to try!
And while I’m on the subject of groceries, does anyone have a sure-fire method of keeping track of spices? Mine get stuck in the deepest recesses of the pantry where I forget about them. Only after I buy a new spice for a specific recipe do I find a duplicate already in the pantry. Not only are spices getting more expensive, but there’s only so much ground cayenne red pepper you can use!
What’s in YOUR grocery cart and/or pantry this week? Trying anything new? How do YOU organize your spices?