It’s kind of hard to report on week nine when I haven’t yet captured last week’s report on week eight, but I’ll catch you up!
For week eight, my biggest goal (and perhaps biggest one yet) was to eat 1/2 cup of leafy greens per day. Not pureed and hidden in meatloaf, not mixed into a choco-banana smoothie. Whole leafy greens.
Fast forward to week nine. I’m happy to report that I meet that 1/2 leafy green goal, and ate several small – GASP – salads!
I weighed this a.m., and I was shocked and thrilled to see the scale at 153.2, which takes me above and beyond the 75 lbs. lost milestone. 75.6 to be exact!
Traci and I celebrated my milestone, and then set the following goals for the coming week:
- Lay off the sugar-free Popsicles. They sure are nice when it’s hot, but I found that when I eat them, I get headaches. At least I think it’s the popsicles. Traci said that I’ve been eating so clean that my body is probably extra sensitive to the ingredients.
- Continue the twice a week elliptical challenge consisting of six minutes each at levels one, two and three; 12 minutes at level four.
- Increase daily leafy green consumption up to 3/4 cup daily, and on two days, add beans to the mix.
- Increase non-carb veggies.
- Think of a significant way to celebrate the 75 lbs. lost milestone.