I share this delish Taco Soup recipe, given to me by our Asst. Public Works Director, Robert Anderson. I LOVE this soup!
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey breast
- 1 can “Ranch Style” beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can white shoe peg corn (drained)
- 1 can Rotel (I use mild) + 1 1/4 can water
- 1 package taco seasoning (40% less sodium kind)
- 1 package dry Ranch dressing mix
- Brown turkey meat. Drain grease and rinse.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
Easy, huh? Sister adds cheese and low-fat sour cream to hers, but I eat mine as is.
Today, I am also making some homemade whole wheat tortilla chips using this recipe.